The band of rain and snow working in from the northwest will overspread the region over the next several hours. Lots of snow reports coming from northern Kentucky and southern Ohio with a slushy accumulation in several areas.
Good evening everyone. The weather forecast is on track as a mix of rain and snow showers will be with us this evening before we see a change to light snow overnight. There is a nice band of flakes working southeastward across the Cincy area and this arrives later this evening and takes us into early Wednesday.
A coating to a local inch of snow will be possible tonight... especially on elevated surfaces. The WV mountains will see 1"-3" of snow with higher amounts for the tallest mountains.
More updates as needed. Take care.
Good Tuesday everyone and welcome to a day of some big weather changes across the tri state. The heavy rain is moving out and a touch of winter is moving in as temps take a tumble from south to north. This will allow for a bit of a mix for some today and a shot of light snow and flurries tonight and Wednesday.
Let's break it down...
- The heaviest rains end early today as colder air surges in from the south. This means an early morning mix of rain and snow will be possible across our far southern counties.
- Some dry air will work in underneath the cold upper low as it passes on top of us. This will shut the precip off for several hours into the afternoon as some rays of sun return for a bit. Winds are going to crank as the low works over top of us.
- Backlash rain and snows will then work in from the northwest this evening into the overnight hours. These should carry us into the first half of Wednesday. A light accumulation will be possible in some areas. This would generally be on elevated surfaces. The WV mountains should pick up a few inches.
Follow the changes...
We are always looking ahead here on the blog and our pattern is growing much colder as the first few weeks of December have that fun and games look.
- Another strong cold front will move our way late this weekend with an area of low pressure working northward through the Ohio Valley. This should bring a rain to snow situation to end the weekend and start next week.
- We have to watch for this front to check up just to our east. If that happens, a wave of low pressure could develop along it.
- A big shot of cold air is lurking for next week as the jet stream buckles.
More updates coming later today. Enjoy your Tuesday and take care.
+ Ashland, KY
+ Athens, OH
+ Beckley, WV
+ Charleston, WV
+ Clarksburg, WV
+ Clay, WV
+ Gallipolis, OH
+ Huntington, WV
+ Ironton, OH
+ Logan, WV
+ Morgantown, WV
+ Paintsville, KY
+ Parkersburg, WV
+ Pikeville, KY
+ Pomeroy, OH
+ Ripley, WV
+ Spencer, WV
+ Sutton, WV
+ Wayne, WV
+ Wheeling, WV
+ Williamson, WV