We are getting a lot of reports of a half to one inch of snow covering the ground in parts of the region... especially northeastern Kentucky and southern Ohio. There is a lot of snow working in from the northwest and this will add up overnight.
Temps have dropped below freezing across the river cities and this will allow for slick spots to develop.
Snow continues to move in across the region and will increase during the evening hours. Slick spots may begin to develop on area roads once the sun goes down. The snow should really pick up late tonight into early Saturday and that's when most of the accumulations will take place.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY is out for the entire region with a WINTER STORM WARNING for much of the WV mountains.
Keep posting the weather where you live and I will have updates through the evening. Take care.
Good Friday to one and all and welcome to a wintry weekend across our region. Accumulating snow and arctic cold temps are blowing into town and this will make it a rough go at times. Cold and snow lovers have been waiting for something like this.
Let’s break it down with the headlines…
- Snow will break out from southwest to northeast later today as moisture streaks in ahead of an arctic front.
-There could be a touch of some light rain or a mix at the very onset of things. Temps will fall quickly toward 32 degrees as the precipitation moves in.
- Snow will pick up in coverage and intensity into the evening and overnight hours. Roads will slicken up at this point as temps drop into the 20s by daybreak.
- It is likely to be snowing pretty hard in many areas early Saturday morning. Winds will be kicking up and should blow some of the snow around.
- Northwesterly winds will then cause widespread snow showers and squalls into the day on Saturday. Here’s a look at my latest snow forecast…
- I will have a last call map out later today. I have really beefed up the totals for most areas. The Mountains are going to take a pounding from this and it may snow there into early Sunday.
- Temps Saturday will fall into the low and middle 20s during the afternoon and then hit the teen by evening. Gusty winds will make it feel like it’s in the single digits at times. Brrr!
- Lows Sunday may fall to near 10 for some areas and then rebound into the upper 20s and low 30s for highs.
- I am targeting the period from Monday night through early Wednesday as one to keep an eye on for a mix and snow.
I will have updates on the snow moving in a little later today, so check back. Here are your radars to track the action into town...
Have a great Friday and take care.