Good evening everyone. Rounds of rain continue across much of the tri state and this trend will continue into the overnight. The rain will become heavy at times and this could lead to some local high water issues.
Much colder air will work in from southwest to northeast late tonight and this trend will continue into Tuesday. This is from the air producing heavy snow into parts of the deep south right now. More than 4" of snow may fall into parts of Tennessee tonight.
Our threat for some snow will be Tuesday night and Wednesday. This is when a small accumulation will be possible for a few areas. More on that with the overnight update.
Good Monday to one and all. Rain continues to fall across much of the tri state and this trend will continue into Tuesday. Our western counties will continue to be the focus of the heaviest rains as we await the wintry aspect from this storm.
Let's break down the evolution of this bad boy...
- The slug of rain will continue to hang tough across the same areas today. Many areas will pick up another 1"-2" of rain into tonight. The heaviest rains will be centered across eastern Kentucky and southern Ohio.
- Temps today are going to be mild for many areas with the colder temps JUST to our west and southwest.
- The big upper level low parked to our south today and tonight will produce snow all the way into the deep south. This stuff may reach all the way into northern Louisiana!
- The upper low swings northward into our region on Tuesday and we will see temps drop rapidly from south to north.
- Rain will mix with some snow as the colder air sweeps in from the south. We should see some dry hours thrown into the mix.
- A comma head of rain and snow will then work in Tuesday night behind the departing area of low pressure. This is when a light snowfall can occur in many areas as light snow and flurries carry us into early Wednesday. Here is the GFS snow forecast...
We shall see how that works out. Take a look at just how far south the snow is on that map. That's impressive!
Here are your tracking toys for the day...
I will have more updates later today so check back. Stay dry and take care.
+ Ashland, KY
+ Athens, OH
+ Beckley, WV
+ Charleston, WV
+ Clarksburg, WV
+ Clay, WV
+ Gallipolis, OH
+ Huntington, WV
+ Ironton, OH
+ Logan, WV
+ Morgantown, WV
+ Paintsville, KY
+ Parkersburg, WV
+ Pikeville, KY
+ Pomeroy, OH
+ Ripley, WV
+ Spencer, WV
+ Sutton, WV
+ Wayne, WV
+ Wheeling, WV
+ Williamson, WV