Good evening everyone and I have to confess something… I lied.
I won’t have a full update today as promised. Even your friendly weatherdude needs some R and R sometimes. I will have the usual post later tonight. See ya then and take care.
Good Saturday everyone. We have a small taste of winter across parts of the region this weekend and many of the forecast models are showing a much more wintry look into February. At this point… anything would count as much more wintry. Right?
I will have a full update for you later today, so let’s hit the headlines.
- A fast-moving cold front is sweeping across the area today and will bring a period of rain and snow showers. A touch of sleet can’t be ruled out. Winds will also be very gusty with the front with temps in the low 40s ahead of it and in the 30s behind it.
the river levels as many of them are already running on the high side.
- Another fast mover sweeps into the Ohio Valley on Sunday. This will also increase our winds and provide some increase in clouds and even some afternoon and evening flurries for some. The north and northeast can see a few snow showers from this. Temps may spike up a bit in front of the front and then fall off quickly behind it.
- Readings early next week will spike back up with another round of 50s likely into the middle of the week.
- Rain should be on the increase from late Tuesday into Wednesday and Thursday.
- The pattern for the end of next week into next weekend is ripe for a cutoff low and a possible big winter storm somewhere in the eastern part of the country. We have to see if this produces a storm before we can even begin to talk about it possibly impacting the weather around here.
- There is a lot of evidence pointing toward February turning into a much better winter pattern across eastern North America. The GFS Ensembles are showing a massive ridge going up western North America with a deep trough in the east. This shows up nicely on the average anomalies for February 7-12…
- The one thing going against this change taking place is the seasonal trend of the winter, so far. Time will tell.
Have a great Saturday and take care.
+ Ashland, KY
+ Athens, OH
+ Beckley, WV
+ Charleston, WV
+ Clarksburg, WV
+ Clay, WV
+ Gallipolis, OH
+ Huntington, WV
+ Ironton, OH
+ Logan, WV
+ Morgantown, WV
+ Paintsville, KY
+ Parkersburg, WV
+ Pikeville, KY
+ Pomeroy, OH
+ Ripley, WV
+ Spencer, WV
+ Sutton, WV
+ Wayne, WV
+ Wheeling, WV
+ Williamson, WV