Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) is a 222-bed hospital in Portsmouth, Ohio, providing emergency and surgical care, as well as a wide range of other health-care services (see Programs and Services for details).
SOMC employs 2,200 full- and part-time people, has a medical staff of more than 140 physicians and specialists, and is supported by more than 800 volunteers.
- 13,000 patients admitted
- 12,000 surgeries
- 79,000 emergency cases
- 196,000 outpatient tests
We will make a difference.
Our Strategic Values
- Safety: We will build and sustain an exceptionally safe organization.
- Quality: We will deliver and sustain exceptional quality of care.
- Service: We will deliver and sustain exceptional customer service.
- Relationships: We will build and sustain exceptional relationships.
- Performance: We will achieve and sustain exceptional financial performance.
We will become the leading medical center in our region.
Our Cardinal Value
We honor the dignity and worth of each person.