WSAZ-TV, the dominant #1 station in Charleston-Huntington, WV, is looking for a 5 pm weekday anchor/reporter. We are seeking a dynamic journalist who’s passionate about developing contacts and breaking stories. Excellent anchoring and storytelling skills are a must. The candidate we hire will report during the day Monday through Friday and anchor our highly-rated 5 pm newscast.
* Anchor weekday 5 pm newscast and fill in on other newscasts as needed.
* Report daily on all platforms in an accurate, objective, timely, concise and compelling manner.
* Develop news contacts and contribute story ideas daily at newsroom editorial meetings
* Edit stories for air when needed.
* Post consistently to social media pages.
* At least five years of news reporting experience and 3 years of anchoring experience.
* Experience in reporting and coordinating live news segments and broadcasts on location.
* Excellent news judgment, written and verbal communication skills. Must be a skilled on-camera interviewer.
* Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to contribute in an on-camera and off-camera team environment.
* Effective use of Facebook and Twitter talent pages.
Ideal candidate should be a passionate newsroom leader, gifted writer, and very involved in the community.
Please send samples of your work to:
645 5th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
No phone calls please
GRAY TELEVISION PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
Gray Television Broadcasting (NYSE: GTN) is a diversified media corporation. Well-known for its creative culture as for its operations, Gray employs people who are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Gray offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, discount stock purchase plans and a 401(K) contribution plan. For more information about Gray and the markets in which we operate, see our website at http://www.graycommunications.com/