Gray Television Broadcasting (NYSE: GTN) is a diversified media corporation. Well-known for its creative culture as for its operations, Gray employs people who are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Gray offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, discount stock purchase plans and a 401(K) contribution plan. For more information about Gray and the markets in which we operate, see our website at http://www.graycommunications.com/
WSAZ-TV, the dominant #1 station in Charleston-Huntington, WV is looking for a weekday 5 pm anchor/reporter. We are seeking a dynamic person who will co-anchor our #1 weekday 5pm newscast and report during the day. The ideal candidate must be passionate about developing contacts and breaking stories. Excellent anchoring and storytelling skills are a must.
* On-camera reporting of news in an accurate, objective, timely, concise and compelling manner.
* Experienced in the techniques of television news storytelling and must be proficient in the on-camera reporting of news.
* Develop news contacts and contribute story ideas daily at newsroom editorial meetings
* Ability to verbally communicate information both extemporaneously and from the printed page and Teleprompter.
* Post to the web and social media pages.
* At least five years of news reporting experience and 3 years of anchoring experience.
* Experience in reporting and coordinating live news segments and broadcasts on location.
* Excellent news judgment, written and verbal communication skills. Must be a skilled on-camera interviewer.
* Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to contribute in an on-camera and off-camera team environment.
* Effective use of Facebook and Twitter talent pages.
Ideal candidate should be a passionate newsroom leader, gifted writer, and very involved in the community.
Please send samples of your work to:
645 5th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
No phone calls please