WSAZ, a dominant #1 station, is looking for a full-time newscast producer. We want a dynamic person who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. This person must be a strong writer, have the ability to create memorable newscasts, possess organizational skills and be able to perform well under pressure.
* Must meet deadlines
* Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Required to write copy and edit video into newscast and web formats
* Ensure content of each newscast is clear, concise and easily understandable by our viewers
* Responsible for determining story lineup and timing for each story or segment of newscast
* Work with anchors and reporters on story selection, writing and enterprise pieces.
* Must be able to develop and enterprise compelling stories that interest our viewers
* Present information on wsaz.com immediately and as updates become available.
* Work with director to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots that will complement the stories included in each newscast
* Maintain a positive work environment through active team participation
* Develop good judgment and decision making skills by staying heavily involved in the daily news product
* Maintain ability to listen to requests and ideas, determine needs and develop realistic plans
* Participate in future planning
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* BA in Journalism or related field preferred
* Must be able to work flexible days and hours
* Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
Send resume to:
Dan Fabrizio, News Director
645 5TH Ave.
Huntington, WV 25701
No phone calls please.
GRAY TELEVISION PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
Televisión gris participa en E-Verify
Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer
Gray Television, Inc. (NYSE: GTN) Gray Television, Inc. is a television broadcast company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, that owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital assets in dozens of markets across the country. The Gray Television Group employs people who are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Gray Television offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, discount stock purchase plans and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about the Gray Television Group and the markets in which we operate, see our website at www.gray.tv