WSAZ-TV, the dominant #1 station in Charleston-Huntington, WV is looking for a full-time meteorologist for its 5 pm and 10 pm weeknight newscasts. The ideal candidate will have a dynamic presentation that focuses on how the weather impacts viewers’ daily lives, and the passion to cover severe weather no matter when it happens.
* Degree in meteorology and at least two years on-air experience.
* AMS or CBN seal is preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Work with weather team, especially our chief meteorologist, to provide complete weather coverage
* Must be creative in presenting the daily weather story with an emphasis on accuracy and responsibility.
* Technologically savvy with strong computer skills and ability to create effective weather graphics.
* Anchor, go live in the field and fill in on other newscasts as needed.
* Use social media platforms daily, especially during severe weather.
* Based in Huntington but must be willing to work when necessary in station’s Charleston studios.
* Work constructively with our news consultants/talent coaches to develop on-air look and presence.
* Always present a professional image as a representative of WSAZ-TV.
* Ability to handle moderate stress on a regular basis, meet daily and long range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere and contribute meaningful content daily.
Send reel and resume to:
News Director, WSAZ -TV
645 5TH Ave.
Huntington, WV 25701
Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer
Gray Television Broadcasting (NYSE: GTN) is a diversified media corporation. Well-known for its creative culture as for its operations, Gray employs people who are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Gray offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, discount stock purchase plans and a 401(K) contribution plan. For more information about Gray and the markets in which we operate, see our website at http://www.graycommunications.com/