WSAZ-TV, a dominant #1 station, is looking for three full-time multimedia journalists. We are seeking a reporters that are passionate about the art of storytelling through crafted scripts, compelling interviews, creative video, meaningful natural sound and skilled editing. We want reporters who are assertive are willing to ask the tough questions and who can connect with people where they are and humanize a story. The candidates should have strong reporting and shooting skills, leadership qualities, solid news judgment and the ability to multitask.
• Present information in a fair, unbiased manner, insuring the information is accurate and of interest to viewers.
• Develop story ideas to present in morning/afternoon news meeting.
• Eager to report, go live, onset debrief of story
• You must have strong writing, shooting and editing skills, ability to post stories to the web and read from a computer monitor
• Willing to work with our news consultant to develop on-air look and presence
• Work contacts and establish self in beat counties and community
• Always present a professional image as a representative of WSAZ-TV
• Ability to handle moderate stress on a regular basis, meet daily and long range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere and contribute meaningful content daily.
• Candidate should have a degree in Journalism or related field
• 1-2 years of experience is preferred
Send reel and resume to:
645 5TH Ave.
Huntington, WV 25701
No phone calls please
GRAY TELEVISION PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
Televisión gris participa en E-Verify
Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer
Gray Television, Inc. (NYSE: GTN) Gray Television, Inc. is a television broadcast company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, that owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital assets in dozens of markets across the country. The Gray Television Group employs people who are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Gray Television offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, vision, dental and life insurance, profit sharing, discount stock purchase plans and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about the Gray Television Group and the markets in which we operate, see our website at www.gray.tv