Fire Damages Chesapeake, Ohio, Home

By: WSAZ News Staff Email
By: WSAZ News Staff Email

CHESAPEAKE, Ohio (WSAZ) – A woman suffered minor smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in her house in Chesapeake, Ohio, Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the 600 block of Pemberton Avenue just after 1:30 p.m.

The woman told WSAZ.com that she and her mom were home when the fire started. She said that just a few seconds after smelling smoke, she noticed the fire. She then tried to put out the fire, but the fire extinguisher didn’t work.

Firefighters treated her for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Chief Ed Webb with the Chesapeake/Union Township Volunteer Fire Department tells WSAZ.com that the fire appears to have started in a mattress in a second floor bedroom.

It appears the fire was contained to the second floor of the house. The first floor had significant water damage.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire in about 15-20 minutes.

Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 204528761 - wsaz.com/a?a=204528761