UPDATE 3/3/13 @ 5:31 p.m.
BOONE COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Not much is left of a trailer home that went up in flames, killing one man and injuring two others.
"There were no smoke detectors in the home -- we couldn't find any but with the damage that doesn't mean a whole lot," assistant state fire marshal Jason Baltic said. "I have not been told about a smoke detector in the home -- as far as we know there were not any."
Just before 6 a.m. on Sunday, a trailer along Route 3 near Whitesville in Boone County caught fire.
Three people were inside at the time of the fire.
Investigators say all three made it out safely, however they believe an 18-year-old boy went back inside the home to try and save the family pets.
Family members say the boy never came back. The 18-year-old, along with a bird and a dog died in the fire.
Another person had to be taken to the hospital, according to fire investigators.
"The one gentleman is home, he had some smoke inhalation but minor, but he stayed at home," Baltic said. "A female out of the residence was transported to the hospital with what appears probably smoke inhalation."
The fire was so intense that it ignited an oxygen tank that exploded and blew half the trailer into pieces, scattering debris around the yard. Baltic says what’s left on the inside is unrecognizable.
"If there is a fire get out of the house, get out of the trailer, whatever you're in get outside and stay out -- don't go back in for anything -- no matter what don't go back in, stay out," Baltic said.
The cause of the fire is being considered an accident and may have been smoking related. The state medical examiner hasn’t released the name of the man who died.
Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.
Fire marshals tell WSAZ.com, all three people were able to get outside when the fire started on Route 3 also known as Coal River Road. They say an 18-year-old man may have gone back inside the trailer to save the family pets, but never came back outside. His name has not been released.
Fire marshals say a woman had to be taken to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation. A second man had some minor smoke inhalation, but did not have to go to the hospital.
Fire marshals say they could not find any smoke detectors inside the home, but say with severe damage it doesn't mean a whole lot.
The fire caused an oxygen tank to explode. That oxygen tank blew up half of the trailer.
A bird and dog were also killed in the fire, according to investigators.
Fire marshals say if there is a fire, get outside the home and don't go back in for anything.
Keep clicking WSAZ.com for the latest information.