UPDATE 4/21/14 @ 11:50 p.m.
ROANE COUNTY, W. Va. (WSAZ) -- A firefighter was hurt battling a brush fire near Amma.
The fire broke out just before 2 p.m. Monday along Lewis Station Road.
Firefighters say they believe the firefighter was suffering from heat exhaustion.
When he was checked out by EMS crews, the Walton firefighter was said to be in stable condition.
Dispatchers tell WSAZ.com the fire was near a natural gas compressor station.
Columbia Gas was on the scene to monitor the situation. There are homes near the fire, but none was in immediate danger.
By 8 p.m., crews were able to contain the fire.
The fire was reported at 1:41 p.m. near Lewis Station Road, but quickly spread up the hillside. That's off Amma Road.
911 dispatchers tell WSAZ.com the fire is in a rugged terrain. Several fire departments from Roane County have responded. Clendenin Volunteer Fire Department has also responded to help contain the fire.
A 911 supervisor says there is a natural gas compressor station near the fire. Columbia Gas is on the scene assessing the situation. There are some homes in the area.
No other information is being released at this time.
We have a crew headed to the scene. Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.