Man Escapes Burning Home

By: Brooks Jarosz, Jennifer Rizzi Email
By: Brooks Jarosz, Jennifer Rizzi Email

CLENDENIN, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A man made it outside safely after his home caught fire late Saturday night.

Firefighters tell the flames broke out just before 10 p.m. Saturday along Thorofare Road in Clendenin. The road was shut down for several hours but has since reopened.

The fire began in the garage and spread to the home, which was taken over by flames when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters say a man was inside at the time but was able to escape unharmed. No one else was inside and no injuries were reported.

It's unclear what sparked the flames. Firefighters are investigating.

Keep clicking for the latest information.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 207083661 -
Gray Television, Inc.