UPDATED 6/27/13 @ 7:48 a.m.
SISSONVILLE, W. Va. (WSAZ) -- A Sissonville home that was still being used for family's Christmas gatherings since their mother died was destroyed by fire Thursday morning.
The fire happened on North Grapevine Rd. about 6 a.m. Firefighters say flames were shooting from the house when they arrived on scene.
Family members say the owner passed away two years ago, but they kept the house for Christmas gatherings, and that it was still full of furniture and clothing.
No one was living in the home at the time of the fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
North Grapevine Rd. has re-opened to traffic.
Dispatchers tell WSAZ.com they received a call on the fire about 6:00 a.m. North Grapevine Road has been shut down temporarily due to its proximity to the fire,
The cause of the fire is unknown and there are no reports of any injuries.
Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.