Welcome to the new WSAZ.com!
We welcome your feedback. Fill out the comment form below to tell us what you think of our new site. Much of the design and features were inspired by comments from visitors who participated in our late summer survey.
Besides the updated look, larger font, and color scheme change, here's a list of what has changed since your last visit to WSAZ.com:
1) We have rearranged the layout to make your experience a little better. New stories are now on the left side in a wider column.
2) There is a new navigation bar with dropdown menus that extends all of the way across the page. This menu stays the same for every page you go to on WSAZ.com.
3) The links for "Home" and "myZtv" have moved to the top of the page, as well as the search bar. Up there, we also added links to allow you to report breaking news & severe weather information to our newsroom and weather center.
4) The video player inside news stories has doubled in size.
5) There is a new video player in the right column with plenty of new features:
6) “Today’s events” are now displayed on our home page and throughout the site. These are submitted for free through our community calendar.
7) "The Yell" has a new look on the home page (lower right). This week's comments are now displayed right on the page --- so you don't have to click anywhere to read them.
8) "Featured Links" and some of the other web links we point you to during our newscasts have found a new home under the "Find It" menu at the top of the page. The text is marked in yellow to help make it easier to find.
9) WSAZguide is now SearchKOW. It stands for Search Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia. This is your guide to local businesses. You can find this search box in the top right corner of every page.
10) On our home page just above the "SearchKOW" box on the right side, we've added links that will get you straight to our mobile site if you're accessing from a cell phone, and a link to make WSAZ.com your home page. The latter only works if you're using Internet Explorer as your browser.
11) New tab boxes allow you to click through to different headlines and weather images without having to scroll up and down the page. You'll find weather images, most popular/most comments, and national news feeds using these boxes using this feature.
12) The “Stay Connected” box in the middle of the page helps you access WSAZ news from anywhere… work, home, and on the go.
13) We want to be your source for all local information. That's why you'll see headlines from other news sources scattered throughout our site. If there's another news source you'd like listed on our site, please e-mail the RSS feed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can only include headlines for sites that offer RSS feeds.
14) Look for other features like slide shows inside news stories and other new site options in the near future.
If there is something you liked on our old site that did not carry over to our new one, please let us know. Enter your comments in the box below. If you would rather send us your thoughts directly, e-mail us at: email@example.com