SC Community Center Reopens After Small Fire

UDPATE 7/27/12 @ 1:55 p.m.
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Everything, but the pool is back open at the South Charleston Community and Recreation Center after a fire earlier this week.

Firefighters responded Wednesday afternoon at 601 Jefferson Road just after 2:30 p.m. due to a small fire.

Firefighters say there was a fire in an electrical box and it was quickly put out.

The structure wasn't damaged, but there was smoke throughout the building.

Crews have been working to fix the electrical problem ever since the fire.

Workers are still trying to get the pool area back open. No word on when it will reopen.



ORIGINAL STORY
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- The South Charleston Community and Recreation Center is being evacuated due to smoke in the building.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 601 Jefferson Road just after 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Kanawha County 911 Dispatchers tell WSAZ.com smoke was showing in one of the rooms. The building was evacuated as a precaution.

Firefighters at the scene tell WSAZ.com there was a fire in an electrical box and it was quickly put out.

The structure wasn't damaged, but there was smoke throughout the building.

The rec center will be closed for a few days until the electrical problem is fixed.

Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 163737596 - wsaz.com/a?a=163737596