UPDATE: Fire Reported at Funeral Home in Nitro

By: Jeremy Edwards Email
By: Jeremy Edwards Email

UPDATE 1/30/13 @ 11:30 p.m.
NITRO, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Nitro firefighters were able to respond to a fire faster than usual Wednesday, thanks to a firefighter who was in the right place at the right time.

An exhaust pipe from the Cooke Funeral Home's crematorium overheated and caught the building's roof on fire Wednesday afternoon. The business is located at the corner of 20th Street and Route 25.

A firefighter driving through town noticed the smoke and followed it to the scene. Firefighters were able to get there quickly and put out the fire before it became a bigger problem.

No one was injured, and the building was not seriously damaged. The funeral home owners are working with the exhaust pipe developers to find out what happened.

NITRO, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Firefighters are on the scene of a fire at a funeral home in Nitro.

Dispatchers say it broke out in the roof of Cooke Funeral Home at the corner of 20th Street and Route 25 about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday.

There is no word on if anyone is inside the building.

Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 189081721 - wsaz.com/a?a=189081721
Gray Television, Inc.