Natural Gas Leak in Cross Lanes, Restaurant Evacuated

CROSS LANES, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Kanawha County 911 Dispatchers tell WSAZ.com the Bob Evans in Cross Lanes was evacuated after a natural gas leak.

The leak was reported about 3 p.m. Tuesday at the restaurant along Goff Mountain Road.

Dispatchers tell WSAZ.com the natural gas leak was found in the kitchen area of the restaurant. The restaurant was evacuated as a precaution.

Firefighters at the scene say a gas line was broken and the gas has been shut off to the restaurant.

The manager of the restaurant tells WSAZ.com they were cleaning behind a fryer when the gas line popped off. There was a small fire in the kitchen, but it was put out quickly, according to the manager.

The restaurant was evacuated before firefighters even got on scene. Right now, firefighters are airing out the building.

No injuries were reported.

We have a crew headed to the scene. Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142511105 - wsaz.com/a?a=142511105