Carbon Monoxide Safety Flyers Handed Out

By: WSAZ News Staff Email
By: WSAZ News Staff Email

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- The dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning are all-too real, as the deadly incident revealed last week at a Holiday Inn in South Charleston.

As a result, the Charleston Fire Department on Tuesday handed out nearly 4,700 flyers to retailers throughout the city -- with information regarding carbon monoxide safety tips, poisoning symptoms and facts.

The participating stores are:

  • Kroger: Delaware Ave, Ashton Place and Kanawha City
  • Foodland: Spring Street and Kanawha City
  • Save-A-Lot: Virginia Street West
  • Fas-chek: Washington Street West and Kanawha City
  • Pile Hardware: Washington Street West

For more information, call the Charleston Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau at (304) 348-8058.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138985369 - wsaz.com/a?a=138985369