WSAZ | Charleston, West Virginia | News

Cat Rescued from Burning Home

By: Brooks Jarosz Email
By: Brooks Jarosz Email

NITRO, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Smoke and flames spread fast at a home in Nitro Saturday evening.

Crews responded to the 400 block of Dupont Avenue just after 6 p.m. They say the fire started in the kitchen near the stove and then spread.

Five people were inside at the time including three kids and two adults.

Everyone made it out safely except for the pet cat. Firefighters found the cat unresponsive but were able to bring it back to life.

"Any kind of rescue we have is a win for the department." Lt. Robert Ely said. "Anytime that we can save any property or anybody's pet, cause a lot of people's pets are just like children."

Both the Nitro and Dunbar fire departments responded. Firefighters say they used a special respirator made just for pets to resuscitate the cat.

Keep clicking WSAZ.com for the latest information.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 198643101 - wsaz.com/a?a=198643101