WSAZ | Charleston, West Virginia | News

Smoke Scare Clears out Several Businesses

By: Jeremy Edwards Email
By: Jeremy Edwards Email

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- An overheated exhaust fan caused a lot of problems in downtown Charleston.

Firefighters tell WSAZ.com, the fan started smoking inside the Atmosphere Lounge on Lee Street just after 10:00 a.m. Thursday.

The smoke filled a neighboring pizza shop and hair salon.

The building was evacuated and part of the Lee Street was closed.

Once firefighters figured out the problem, they aired out the building and everyone was allowed back in.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 225380632 - wsaz.com/a?a=225380632