Heating Unit Causes Smoke Scare at Charleston Hotel

By: Jennifer Rizzi Email
By: Jennifer Rizzi Email

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- One floor of the Charleston Marriott was evacuated Sunday night after a smoke scare.

Emergency dispatchers tell WSAZ.com the smoke was caused by a malfunctioning heating unit on the second floor of the building.

Crews arrived on the scene shortly after and addressed the problem. No one was injured.

Keep clicking WSAZ.com for updates.

WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184639781 - wsaz.com/a?a=184639781