W.Va. School Mourns Girl Killed by Carbon Monoxide

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - The staff and students of Westwood Middle School are grieving for a student who died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

A black ribbon hangs out front and grief counselors are available to friends of 12-year Cheyenne Kaylee Hise, who died Tuesday. Classes resume Aug. 26.

Police blame a faulty pool heater at a Morgantown home for the carbon monixide that killed Cheyenne and sickened six people, including five other children.

Principal Leonard Haney says Cheyenne was a great student with a good sense of humor who will be missed.

Her mother, Sandi Leuellen, says Cheyenne loved animals and stayed busy with dancing and other activities.

Funeral arrangements are incomplete.

The other children's conditions weren't immediately available Friday. A woman treated at Ruby Memorial Hospital has been released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 27021574 - wsaz.com/a?a=27021574