Two firefighters were injured Wednesday night while fighting a 3-story fire in St. Albans.
Officials from the St. Albans fire department say Jermaine Watson and Jeremy Buskirk were injured when they fell off of a ladder, while trying to fight the blaze. The fire department tells us the two fell 12 to 15 feet. Both firefighters are now in stable condition at CAMC.
The fire started after 5 Wednesday evening at a Video Arcade Repair Shop, along Main Street. Dispatchers say this was a huge fire, and took about an hour to put out. No word yet on what started the fire, but fire officials do not think it is suspicious. Firefighters say the owner of the business left about 20 minutes before the fire started, so no one was inside the building when the fire sparked.
The fire also caused some traffic tie-ups in St. Albans. Officials closed parts of West Main street in St. Albans for four hours Wednesday night.