Double Murder Trial Continues


Both the prosecution and defense have rested their case in the double murder trial against 20-year-old Melvin Messer. The jury got the case shortly before noon on Thursday. Testimony began Wednesday morning.

Prosecutors say Messer ambushed Christopher Chapman and Walter Gauze. The killings happened last April.

Messer's attorney says it was self-defense because he says he had been threatened by Chapman and Gauze over the sale of a gun.

However, neither of the victims was armed.


WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5159202 - wsaz.com/a?a=5159202