He says he was just five minutes from death. A man who was rescued from his third story apartment spoke to us from his hospital bed.
James "Breeze" Hale is still recovering from smoke inhalation. He says he was just sitting at his computer the night of the fire when smoke started coming up through the floor. He ran to the hallway, but it was filled with smoke--and the power went out.
Hale says he ran to his bathroom where he saw light--and started screaming and waving his hands out of the small window to the outside.
Firefighters saw him, broke out the window, and pulled him to safety. Hale wants to thank the firefighters who rescued him.
Right now, Hale is in good condition at Cabell Huntington Hospital. One other victim from the fire is still in the hospital. We're told it's a woman who is in serious condition.
WEB EXTRA: click on the video link above to watch the unedited interview with Hale.