State Fire Marshal Sterling Lewis says he was wrong about a fifth person dying because of a propane gas explosion at a convenience store in Ghent.
He says 45-year-old store manager Donna Meadows of Cool Ridge is in critical condition. Earlier, he announced that Meadows had died. Four did die in the explosion, which occurred at Flat Top Little General Store in Ghent.
Lewis released the names of the victims killed in the explosion:
Borroughs and Dorsey were members of the Ghent Volunteer Fire Department. Treadway and Bennett were working on the propane tank.
These three people were injured in the blast and are still in critical condition at the hospital:
Lewis also said the atmosphere in the vicinity of the Flat Top Little General is safe for workers sifting through the debris and that investigators do not believe there are any more victims.
Firefighters and paramedics were responding to a report of a propane gas leak when gas trapped in the convenience store somehow ignited.
Lewis says the propane was used for the pizza oven used by Godfather's Pizza, which operated a franchise at the store. He was not sure if the gas was also used in the heating system.
Keep checking back for more information.