Residents in Prichard have now returned to their homes following an evacuation. At least 8 homes were evacuated Thursday night due to a gas leak.
The leak happened around 9:30 p.m. at 210 Gay Lane in the Wayne County town. Wayne County Dispatchers tell us that the leak occurred when a man digging a hole accidentally hit a gas line.
Folks who live nearby were forced from their homes as a precaution.
Nobody was hurt.
Mountaineer Gas arrived on the scene late Thursday night, and residents were cleared to return to their homes shortly after 11:00.