A woman from Ashland, Kentucky made a strange discovery while going out to her car on Bath Avenue last night. When Mary Swords got in her car -- she found a jar that contained a black, runny liquid.
Swords couldn't figure out where it came from...but opened the jar and got some of liquid on her. She claims it burned a hole in her shirt and even gave her third-degree burns on her chest.
Ashland police and fire crews along with hazmat teams now believe the substance is sulfuric acid...and are still trying to figure out how it got there.