No Relief for College Tuition

By: WSAZ NewsChannel 3 Email
By: WSAZ NewsChannel 3 Email

The cost of college keeps going up and experts say there's no relief in sight anytime soon.

Ten years ago, students in West Virginia paid for about 40 percent of the cost of public college, while the state picked up the other 60 percent, but today those numbers are reversed.

One of the reasons for the rising cost may be due to West Virginia’s reliance on student fees to pay most of their construction and maintenance costs.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8819062 - wsaz.com/a?a=8819062