BECKLEY, W.Va. (AP) - Two seriously injured workers and the estate of a paramedic killed in a propane gas explosion in January have filed a 60 million dollar lawsuit against six companies.
Four people died and five were seriously injured January 30th when a propane tank exploded and leveled the Flat Top Little General Store in Ghent.
The lawsuit was filed last month in Raleigh County Circuit Court. It claims the store and Godfather's Pizza were negligent for not providing a safe workplace and for not properly maintaining the propane tank.
Godfather's Pizza had a restaurant inside the store.
The lawsuit also accuses several propane suppliers of being careless when transferring propane from one tank to another and failing to adequately train their employees.
The plaintiffs are Little General employee Patricia Mullins, Godfather's Pizza employee Leta Farley, and Lee Anne Salomon and Kathy M. Sizemore, co-administrators of the estate of paramedic Craig L. Dorsey the Second.
The other defendants are Appalachian Heating, ThompsonGas Propane Partners, Ferrellgas and BP America.