UPDATE 2/18/13 @ 10 p.m.
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Firefighters say a tenant using an oven to heat his apartment appears to have started a fire that severely damaged a duplex in Huntington.
The fire was contained to the house which had been converted into several to apartments. It is located in the 2900-block of 3rd Avenue. The fire was reported about 8:30 p.m.
At one point, flames were visible through the roof.
Everyone made it out safely, and no one was hurt.
Third Avenue in the area of the fire was closed for about an hour as crews fought the fire.
Fire broke out in the two-story structure, which has been converted to apartments, about 8:30 p.m. Monday.
Everyone managed to make it out safely. No one was reported to be hurt.
Crews were in the process of closing 3rd Avenue just before 9 p.m. Another engine company was called out about that time.
We have a crew at the scene.
Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.