UPDATE 3/12/13 @ 11:15 p.m.
JACKSON COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- The Ohio State Fire Marshal says a fire that destroyed an apartment home in Coalton, Ohio Tuesday night may have been caused by an electrical problem.
The two-story home at 30 South Broadway had been converted into three apartments. Two of the three apartments were occupied when the fire started.
The Coalton Fire Chief tells WSAZ.com that four people, including a three year-old lived in one apartment; one adult lived in the other apartment.
The building was destroyed by the fire.
State investigators say the residents reported having earlier electrical problems. They say the fire started near the electrical power service area.
There were no working smoke alarms in the apartments.
Tuesday's fire was reported about 9:40 p.m. Firefighters from six departments were called to fight the fire.
The building appeared to be a two-story home converted into apartments, according to the chief, who described the scene as "a very large fire." The building is located along Broadway Street (Ohio 93).
No injuries have been reported. The Red Cross was called to help assist displaced residents.
Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.