WSAZ - Local News and Breaking News Coverage for West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky

Bad Extension Cord Blamed for Storage Shed Fire

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A bad extension cord is being blamed for a storage shed fire that happened Saturday afternoon on W.Va. 10.

Firefighters say it happened just after 3 p.m. The owner of the shed told firefighters he was working on a boat about 100 feet away from the shed.

The extension cord, which the owner said he was using to work on the boat, shorted out, which firefighters believe led to the fire.

Crews from the Green Valley Volunteer Fire Department and Barboursville Fire Department were able to put out the fire, but not without some difficulty.

The shed, which had a metal exterior, was still intact after firefighters put out the flames. Firefighters say the wooden interior and everything inside the shed was destroyed.

Cabell County E.M.S. also responded to the fire, but no one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 221947131