SISSONVILLE, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A boil water advisory has been issued for 1000 West Virginia American Water customers in Sissonville.
According to WVAW, there was a water main break, which caused a water storage tank to drain.
The streets under the advisory include:
- 7600 block of Sissonville Drive (Route 21) to Allens Fork Road
- Grapevine Road
- North Grapevine Road
- Sisson Lane
- Sisson Terrace
- Shirkley Lane
- Tolley Hollow Road
- Second Creek Road
- Haines Branch Road
- Allens Fork Road
- Poca River Road from Route 21 to Cicerone Star Route
- Aarons Fork Road from Cicerone Star Route to Flowers Hollow
- Whiteman's Fork
Residents in those areas should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
- Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water
- Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking
- Provide pets with boiled water after cooling
- Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms
- Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries