UPDATE 12/13/13 @ 3:30 p.m.
KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Firefighters have contacted the West Virginia State Fire Marshal's Office to investigate a fire that destroyed a Clendenin business early Friday morning.
The arson department was contacted. Firefighters say this is normal procedure when dealing with a loss of a large dollar amount. It's estimated there's between $500,000 and $1 million worth of damages. Firefighters do not say if the fire was suspicious. They say there's no witnesses.
Capitol Valley Contracting is an excavating company. Firefighters say the fire started in a garage where there is highly flammable materials, including propane tanks and hydraulic fluids.
The Pinch and Clendenin volunteer fire departments responded. It took them nearly four hours to put out the flames, but they ran out of water. They say the building integrity was completely destroyed by the time they reached the scene and let the fire continue to burn on its own.
"We mainly put the garage fire out. The addition to the building, the integrity was giving and we couldn't go in and put it out," Pinch Volunteer Fire Fighter Corey Carr said.
It started about 1:30 a.m. at Capitol Valley Contracting on Cheshire Lane in Clendenin.
Firefighters tell WSAZ.com, they ran out of water while they were fighting the blaze so they let the fire burn itself out. Firefighters say the building was already a total loss when they ran out of water.
The fire began in the garage area.
Firefighters say the business lost more than $500,000 worth of equipment.
No one was hurt.
The flames were first reported a little before 2 Friday morning on Cheshire Ln. in Clendenin.
The fire is at a business, according to the Pinch Volunteer Fire Department.
Metro 911 dispatchers tell WSAZ.com no one has been injured.
Keep clicking WSAZ.com for the latest on this story.