UPDATE 11/6/13 @ 9:30 a.m.
KENOVA, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A home was destroyed by an early morning fire, but a woman was able to escape with her pets.
It happened about 4 a.m. Wednesday in the 1900 block of Sycamore Street in Kenova.
The homeowner told WSAZ.com she woke up to her smoke detectors going off.
She was able to escape safely, with her four cats.
The woman told WSAZ.com she turned on a space heater and fell asleep in the living room. The Kenova Fire Chief says the space heater is the preliminary cause of the fire.
The fire broke out a little before 4 Wednesday morning in the 1900 block of Sycamore St.
There were no injuries and the fire is now out.
Firefighters on scene say the house is destroyed.
The fire broke out just before 4 Wednesday morning, in the 1900 block of Sycamore St.
Wayne County 911 dispatchers did not release any other details.
We have a crew headed to the scene.
Keep clicking WSAZ.com for more information.