WSAZ - Local News and Breaking News Coverage for West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky

Electrical Fire Causes $40,000 Worth of Damage to Home in St. Albans

By: WSAZ News Staff Email
By: WSAZ News Staff Email

ST. ALBANS, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Firefighters responded to a house fire late Friday night.

It happened just after 11:30 p.m. in the 900 block of 5th Avenue.

The St. Albans Fire Department tells WSAZ.com it was an electrical fire that started in a closet wall on the 2nd floor.

Firefighters say they were able to contain the flames to one bedroom.

The family was home when the fire started. Nobody was hurt in the fire, but it did cause about $40,000 worth of damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 201732831 - wsaz.com/a?a=201732831