LOUISA, Ky. (WSAZ) -- Bridgete Johnson knows what it's like to be homeless, but nothing like this.
Fire ripped through her mobile home on KY 1496in Lawrence County, Ky. about 5:30 Thursday morning. Within five minutes -- the home was gone.
"I'm disabled and just lived in motor home out in the campgrounds," said Johnson. "But Dad needed a place to stay, for the months he has left, so I moved us in together."
William Johnson, 54, has terminal cancer and is a hospice patient with Community Hospice based in Paintsville, Ky.
"He couldn't stay by himself any longer so we rented this place to be together" says Johnson. "We moved in 28 days ago."
Investigators believe the fire started in the chimney leading out from the wood burning stove.
"Dad woke us up, thought maybe the space heater had tipped over," Johnson said. "He saved our lives! I was sound asleep in all that smoke, I would have never woke up."
"It's a blessing we're all alive," Johnson says. "I don't know where we'll go or what we'll do -- but we're alive."