WSAZ - Local News and Breaking News Coverage for West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky

Overheated Heating Unit Causes Evacuation at Marmet Elementary

By: Jeremy Edwards Email
By: Jeremy Edwards Email

MARMET, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Students got an unexpected break at Marmet Elementary School on Friday.

A heating unit at the school overheated about Noon.

Firefighters tell WSAZ.com they also got some calls from neighbors saying they saw smoke coming from the building. As a precaution, the students were cleared out of the building.

The heating unit was shut down and classes resumed a short time later.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174962351 - wsaz.com/a?a=174962351