UPDATE 10/7/13 @ 4 p.m.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A plug-in air freshener is believed to have started a fire early Monday morning. After the fire was put out, a meth lab was found in the home.
The fire happened around 1:30 a.m. Monday along Arlington Avenue in Charleston.
Firefighters say the air freshener was too close to a trash bag and caught fire.
They say the fire posed a real challenge to put out.
"The guys had smoke coming out of every corner of this house, and they were able to go through the front door with a heavy hail of dense black smoke, high heat, and were able to find the fire in the room of origin, and stretch a hose line in complete darkness and put an attack and put the fire out where they found it," Charleston Fire Department Capt. Mark Strickland said.
A meth lab was found in the house. It was not active.
One person was arrested for obstructing police.
Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.
A man and woman were asleep in their home at 31 Arlington Avenue in Charleston, when a smoke detector woke them up.
Smoke and flames were coming out of the house when firefighters arrived on the scene shortly after 1:30 a.m.
They were able to extinguish the fire quickly but also found a meth lab inside of the house.
Police arrested one man, charging him with obstruction.
Charleston police and the Metro Drug unit are continuing their investigation.