Overnight Fire in Spencer Leaves Several Homeless

By: Rahel Solomon Email
By: Rahel Solomon Email

SPENCER, W.Va. (WSAZ) – An overnight fire that ripped through a home in Spencer has left several people homeless.

The owner of the home, Pat Evans, tells WSAZ.com the fire broke out at about 3 a.m. Saturday at the home on Market Street in Spencer.

Evans no longer lived at the home but three tenants who rented from her were inside at the time of the fire.

“He said when he turned over he just saw this flame and he didn't even have any pajamas on, he just had his boxers on,” Evans said referring to a tenant who witnessed the fire.

No one was hurt, but the loss is a great one for Evans who lived in the home as a child.

“It's just sad knowing that I can't come here anymore,” Evans said Saturday.

The fire roared for several hours before firefighters could put out the flames.

Evans tells WSAZ.com the home is a total loss and will be demolished.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 225671721 - wsaz.com/a?a=225671721