LAWRENCE COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- It was scary Christmas Eve bus ride for some passengers on a Greyhound bus after their bus filled with smoke.
The bus driver says shortly after leaving Huntington late Monday night there was an electrical short that melted wires and sparked a small fire. This was along U.S. 52 in Coal Grove near the Ashland Bridge.
The Coal Grove Fire Department says no one was hurt or suffered smoke inhalation.
The bus had to be towed to Cogans Wrecker Service in South Point.
The TTA manager picked up the passengers and took them to the Coal Grove Fire Department.
The passengers were given coffee and drinks and watched Christmas movies until the replacement bus was able to take them to their destinations about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.