WSAZ - Local News and Breaking News Coverage for West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky

Small Fire Reported at Logan Middle School

LOGAN, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A small fire was reported at Logan Middle School Friday morning.

School officials tell WSAZ.com a malfunctioning hand dryer in a bathroom on the second floor of the school started smoking.

The building was evacuated and the students were taken to the field house at Logan High School, which is located next to the school.

Firefighters were called to school. They removed the hand dryer and aired out the building.

Classes have resumed.

The bathroom has been closed.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 231165531