Smoke Detectors Save Residents from Apartment Fire

By: WSAZ News Staff Email
By: WSAZ News Staff Email

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- An early morning fire damages parts of an apartment building.

The fire broke out about 3:30 a.m. Friday morning at Lowes Rentals on 2605 Guyan Avenue in Huntington.

Firefighters at the scene say flames were visible from the apartment building when they arrived.

Residents were awoken by the sounds of their smoke detectors going off.

All five people living in the building made it out safely. No one was hurt.

Five apartments are in this building but only three of them are occupied.

The damage is to the middle of the building.

No word yet on the extent of the damage or if any of the occupied apartments were damaged by the flames.

Firefighters are still investigating what started the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 270450691 - wsaz.com/a?a=270450691