UPDATE: Fire Destroys Milton Home: Two Firefighters Released from Hospital

By: WSAZ News Staff Email
By: WSAZ News Staff Email

UPDATE 8/31/14 @ 4:10 p.m.
MILTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Two firefighters have been released from the hospital after suffering heat exhaustion while fighting a house fire.

The home on Morris Court in Milton is now a total loss.

Firefighters say the fire started in the back of the house, and is not being deemed suspicious.

They say the family had just left the house within 20 minutes before the fire started, Saturday afternoon.

The American Red Cross has been called in to help the family.

Firefighters say the fire was tough to fight because the closest hydrant was about a mile away, and they had to shuttle water back and forth.



ORIGINAL STORY 8/30/14 @ 11:30 p.m.
MILTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Two firefighters were taken to the hospital Saturday after fighting a house fire.

It happened at a home on Morris Court.

Firefighters say that due to the heat and extreme firefighting tactics, the firefighters were taken to the hospital.

According to the Milton Fire Department, the fire started under the back deck, and appears to have been caused by an electrical failure.

The house was already engulfed by time crews arrived on scene.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 273349121 - wsaz.com/a?a=273349121