UPDATE 6/20/12 @ 10 p.m.
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A quick and aggressive response from Huntington firefighters likely saved an apartment building from burning down Wednesday evening.
The fire broke out about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of Adams Avenue. A family of five made it out safely.
Smoke and flames were showing when crews arrived at the scene on one of the hottest days of the year -- and the official first day of summer.
911 dispatchers tell WSAZ.com an apartment in the 2100 block of Adams Avenue caught fire about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday.
They say everyone made it out safely.
We have a crew at the scene.
Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.