HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A bad extension cord is being blamed for a storage shed fire that happened Saturday afternoon on W.Va. 10.
Firefighters say it happened just after 3 p.m. The owner of the shed told firefighters he was working on a boat about 100 feet away from the shed.
The extension cord, which the owner said he was using to work on the boat, shorted out, which firefighters believe led to the fire.
Crews from the Green Valley Volunteer Fire Department and Barboursville Fire Department were able to put out the fire, but not without some difficulty.
The shed, which had a metal exterior, was still intact after firefighters put out the flames. Firefighters say the wooden interior and everything inside the shed was destroyed.
Cabell County E.M.S. also responded to the fire, but no one was hurt.