WSAZ | Huntington, West Virginia | News

Chimney Fire Causes Smoke Damage

By: Lauren Schmoll Email
By: Lauren Schmoll Email

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A chimney fire caused quite a scare for a family in Huntington.

The fire happened about 1:30 Sunday afternoon at a home on Edwards Street.

The fire in the fireplace got out of control and spread to the wall.

The homeowner says he tried to put the fir out with a fire extinguisher. When that didn't work he called 911.

The house sustained some smoke damage, but no one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WSAZ NewsChannel 3 645 Fifth Avenue Huntington, WV 25701 304-697-4780 WSAZ Charleston 111 Columbia Avenue Charleston, WV 25302 304-344-3521
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 198760271 - wsaz.com/a?a=198760271